Glen Fuel Services Ltd. Terms & Conditions
- All products supplied are chargeable at the market price on the day of dispatch irrespective of the date of the order or the amount of cash sent with the order. All goods are subject to cash with order unless credit is granted by the Glen Fuels. All accounts shall be subject to payment by the 20th day of the month following the month of dispatch of that delivery by the Glen Fuels or any such other terms that may be agreed upon.
- Prices include Government Tax (if any) (other than Value Added Tax) at the appropriate rate; any variation at any time is for the Customer’s account, Value Added Tax, if applicable, will be charged separately.
- Where Glen Fuels delivers in bulk it is the Customer’s responsibility to:
(a) Ensure provision of a safe and suitable bulk storage in compliance in all respects with all the relevant requirements of and/or regulations made by any competent authority.
(b) Ensure that the storage into which delivery is to be made will accommodate the full quantity ordered and in the case of Motor Spirit to produce certification to this effect and also to the effect that the connecting hose is properly and securely connected to the filling point. In this regard the Customer is referred to the regulations currently in force relating to the storage and use of petroleum spirit.
(c) Observe all the conditions of the Customers Petroleum Storage Licence or any other regulations laid down by any competent authority and in particular without limiting the generality of the foregoing in respect of avoidance of smoking, naked lights, stoves, electric or gas fires or radiators to function in proximity to a tank or inlet pipe into which a delivery is being made or a dip pipe/or vent pipe connected to such tank.
(d) The Customer will indemnify Glen Fuels against all damages, claims, expenses or costs which may arise as a result of the customer’s non-observance of these conditions.
- It is a condition of every bulk sale that the quantity shown by Glen Fuels tank wagon dip rod or other measuring devices employed by the Glen Fuels shall, for the purpose of accounts, be accepted by the Customer as the quantity delivered. The Customer may be represented at the taking of these measurements in order to verify them if he so desires. Glen Fuels cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for discrepancies in the Customer’s tanks, dip rods or other measuring devices. If on any delivery the Customer or any representative of the Customer whether or not for the purposes of verifying the Company’s measurements or quantity for that delivery mounts any tank wagon used on that delivery the Customer or his representative (as the case may be) shall do so at his own risk and Glen Fuels accepts no responsibility whatsoever therefore.
Passing of Risk:
- Passing of risk: All goods shall be at the sole risk of the Customer from the moment delivery is made to the Customer’s premises or to any other premises designated by the Customer for delivery of the goods. The deposits charged on Returnable Packages (which remain the property of the seller) are due for payment with the account and will be credited in full on return of such packages in good condition, carriage forward. Other packages on which no deposit is charged are non-returnable.
- Not withstanding delivery and passing of risk the property and title in the goods shall remain in Glen Fuels and shall not pass to the Customer until the Customer has discharged all sums due by the Customer to Glen Fuels at the date of final handing over of possession of the goods (hereinafter referred to as “all Relevant Sums”) whether such sums shall be due on foot of this transaction or shall be due on foot of some other transaction or transactions between the Customer and Glen Fuels. In such circumstances the following provisions shall apply:
(a)Glen Fuels hereby confers on the Customer the right to sell or otherwise dispose of the goods, subject to as hereinafter provided in the normal course of business. If the Customer (who shall in such case act on his own account and not as agent for Glen Fuels) shall so sell or otherwise dispose of the goods, the Customer shall hold all monies received for such sale or other disposition in trust for Glen Fuels and undertake to maintain an independent account for all sums so received and on request shall provide all details of such sums and accounts. Notwithstanding the property remaining in Glen Fuels, all risks shall pass to the Customer on delivery of the goods to the Customer’s premises and so long as the title in the goods shall remain in Glen Fuels, the Customer shall hold the goods as bailee for Glen Fuels and store the goods safely and suitably so as to clearly show them to be the property of Glen Fuels and identifiable as such.
(b)The Customer hereby authorises Glen Fuels to enter upon the premises of the customer or any other premises designated by the Customer for delivery of the goods to recover possession of the goods at all reasonable times without notice to the Customer. Nothing in this clause shall confer on the Customer any right to return the goods.
(c) Glen Fuels may maintain an action for the price notwithstanding that property and title in the goods shall not have vested in the Customer. Prior to the payment in full of all sums due by the Customer to Glen Fuels under this contract the Customer shall be entitled to use the goods provided above - but may not offer the goods or their proceeds where sold or otherwise disposed of as security for the performance of any obligation of the Customer to any third parties. At any time prior to the Customer paying all relevant sums Glen Fuels may, by notice in writing delivered to the Customer’s last known address or place of business, determine the Customer’s right to use the said goods in the manner detailed above or at all, whereupon the Customer shall forthwith return the goods to Glen Fuels or Glen Fuels may enter the Customer’s premises at all reasonable times for the purpose of recovering the said goods or any part of them. Further, in the happening of any of the events set out below, such event shall forthwith without any necessity for notice, determine the Customer’s right to use, or otherwise dispose of the goods.
(d) Any notice to the Customer that a Receiver or Manager is to be or has been appointed.
(e) Any notice to the Customer that a petition to wind up is to be or has been presented or any notice of any resolution to wind up the Customer (save for the purpose of reconstruction or amalgamation) has been passed.
(f) A decision by the Customer that the Customer intends to make an arrangement with its creditors.
(i) The insolvency of the Customer within the meaning of Section 62 Sub-Section 3 of the Sale of Goods Act1893.
Furthermore and independently of the above, where any of the foregoing provisions do not apply Glen Fuels hereby reserves the right of disposal as provided by Section 19(1) of the Sale of Goods Act 1893. Where credit is granted the contract for the sale of goods is subject to the reservation of the title. If packages returned by the buyer are unfit for the Seller’s immediate use the Buyer shall forfeit as liquidated damages the deposit paid thereon or such lesser sum as the Seller shall in its sole discretion think fit and the Buyer shall be liable for Value Added Tax thereon at the rate applicable by law.
- All claims for damage to or partial loss of materials in transit (where appropriate) must be submitted in writing by the Customer to the carrier and Glen Fuels within three days of delivery.
- All claims for non-delivery of the whole of any consignment or any separate package forming part of a consignment must be submitted in writing by the Customer to the carrier (where appropriate) and Glen Fuels within ten days of the date of the invoice or of advice of dispatch whichever is the earlier.
- In the event of notification of claims within the times mentioned in (a) and (b) above goods shall be deemed to have been delivered in accordance with the contract.
- Glen Fuels’ liability for damages arising out of any such claims shall in no event exceed the purchase price of the delivery in respect of which any claim is made. In no circumstances will Glen Fuels be liable for any consequential loss or damage, no matter how arising.
- Claims the goods are non stated quality can only be considered subject to:
(i) Glen Fuels being notified in writing immediately of such claim.
(ii) Glen Fuels being offered a reasonable opportunity to carry out any inspection and to have a representative present at the time of the extracting of any sample by the Customer from any tank or other container for the purpose of analysis with one part of such sample being delivered to the Company’s representative.
In no circumstances will Glen Fuels be liable for any breach of contract due to lockouts, strikes, industrial disputes, shortages of material, delay in transit, accident, unforeseen hindrances or any other cause outside the control of Glen Fuels.
Motor Spirit and Diesel Fuel for Road Vehicles to Commercial Consumers:
Motor Spirit and DERV Fuel are sold exclusively for the Customer’s own use as a Commercial Consumer and are not to be used in private cars, re-sold or transferred to any other person or firm. In the event of any infringement of this condition, Glen Fuels may decline to continue deliveries and may refer the Customer for further supplies to the Ordinary trade channels at full retail price.
Kerosine, Gas, and Fuel Oils to Commercial/Domestic Consumers:
The oil is for the Customer’s own use and not for resale and the Customer undertakes that the oil will not be used as fuel in mechanically propelled vehicles constructed or adapted for use on roads.
Deliveries to ships in respect of which Value Added Tax is shown on Glen Fuels’ invoices at the zero rate are supplied on the basis of a declaration from the Customer or his agents that the ship is going to a place outside the State, in other cases where Value Added Tax is not charged or shown at the zero rate the product must not be used for a purpose which renders it liable to Value Added Tax at any other rate.
The above conditions of supply or any of them cannot be varied, suspended, or added to without the written consent of Glen Fuels. The Seller’s other usual terms and conditions of sale also apply and acceptance of goods will be treated as an acceptance of the Seller’s Conditions.
The Hydrocarbon oils and marked oils specified in this section of this document have been delivered free of Customs and/or Excise duty, or on rebate of such duty, and must not be used for combustion in the engine of a motor vehicle. Any person so doing renders himself liable for proceedings with penalties.
When you place an order with us you instantly gain peace of mind - you know that we will arrive on time and that every drop of kerosene or gas oil you have paid for will be pumped into your tank from our state-of-the-art fleet of lorries with NSAI calibrated metres.